It
begins with us, You and I, alone in our secret place, dreaming our dreams, dancing
our dance, and quenching my ever-needing thirst for Your presence and
wisdom.
Then
they show up and I look away, I
blink, and for that moment they
become the answer to my quenching thirst, the answers to my longings, pushing
forward like a concert mob, grabbing for my heart, all the while pushing You further
and further away.
As
I blink, trying to refocus, I see glimpses of You in these glitterings but they do not fill the God-shaped hole in my
heart no matter how hard I try to make them
fit. I realize I want You more.
“Where
are You?” I cry!
And
then I hear it, a quiet whisper resounding like a gong in my heart - Your
voice, Your love - You are calling for me, “Here I am!” The crowd grows dim in comparison to You and
there we are again, You and I, alone in our secret place, me at Your feet
wrapped in Your embrace, melting under the garment of Your forgiveness and
grace. How You love me!
Recklessly
abandoned to your moldings and refinings, You shape and mend me into the beauty
You saw in me all along.
Raising
my eyes to meet Yours, a gaze which has seen eternity fills my being with a
holy fire and unexplainable peace, mesmerizing both body and soul, inviting me
to continue where we left off. I bow, and
we dance again.
“If I find
in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most
probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”
– C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
“There is a God-shaped vacuum in the
heart of every person, and it can never be filled by any created thing. It can
only be filled by God, made known through Jesus Christ.”
- Blaise Pascal, Pensees
- Blaise Pascal, Pensees
“You have made us for yourself, O
Lord, and our hearts are restless until they rest in you.”
– St. Augustine, Confessions
“He
has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the
human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from
beginning to end.”
- Ecclesiastes
3:11 NIV
“For you
created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I
praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are
wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame
was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven
together in the depths of the earth. Your
eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before
one of them came to be.”
- Psalm
139:13-16 NIV
“This
is what the Lord
says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established
it—the Lord
is his name: ‘Call to me and I will
answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’”
- Jeremiah 33:3-4 NIV
“For
I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to
prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me,
and I will listen to you. You will
seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord.”
-
-->Jeremiah
29:11 – 14a NIV

No comments:
Post a Comment