Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'm in Frickin' Norway!

I'm sitting here looking out the window of the plane as it's approaching the Oslo airport. Snow covers the ground, the sun has just set and twilight fights to take control of the sky. I have just been traveling for what feels like one LONG day. I'm exhausted, nervous, thankful, and excited all at the same time. As I stare into the sky I realize, I'm in frickin' Norway! It's not just a thought, a whim, or a crazy fancy, but it's real! Northern Lights have a chance to appear in that sky!

As I got off the plane and collected my baggage, I realized the Norwegian Special Olympics team was on my plane. I passed their small collection of fans waving Norwegian flags on my way out of customs towards the train station. I took the airport express train to my hotel to get me there quicker as this long day needed to end and in a nice, warm, comfy bed preferably with a hot shower beforehand.

Brisk air escorted me on the 5 minute walk to my hotel down wide, lighted sidewalks that beckoned people to take a night walk. I got checked into my hotel and settled into my room with the sheer joy that I had successfully made it to Norway. Let the Norway adventure begin!

No comments: