"Everyone dies but not everyone lives."
~lyrics from "Cross the Line" from SuperChick
~lyrics from "Cross the Line" from SuperChick
I look at life as a fresh, juicy lemon I've been gifted with. No, not a dud, clunker, or some sour circumstance I've been plagued with as the famous saying suggests. I look at it as a fruit full of possibilities if I put it to good use. It's easy to hoard the life we've been given or settle for "ok" when best is just around the corner (albeit up a hill or two). It's even at times scary to reach for the stars when the thorns of doubt taunt you below. To live is a risk and it's my duty, if I choose to accept it, to make the most out of my life, hopefully leaving a sweet-tasting legacy to be shared with others.
To help me squeeze the most out of life, I've created a life's scavenger hunt list which this UK/ Ireland trip is part of. Much like the concept of the bucket list or 1,000 things to see before you die, the scavenger hunt list is filled with experiences I wish to accomplish in my lifetime to help me make the most out of it, often accompanied with a bit of whimsy.
Trips are no different. When I travel, I create a scavenger hunt list of experiences customized for each trip to help me be brave and explore the area I'm in. My scavenger hunt list for my UK/ Ireland trip is as follows in no particular order:
1. Find out what's so special about the "special toilets" in the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. They say it's like you're in a field of Dutch tulips. Is it a steaming video or wallpaper that give this illusion? Is it an illusion? It's Amsterdam... I'm a bit curious. (They advertise them on their website although I can't find the blurb right now...hmmm.)
2. Grab a square of toilet paper form Westminster Abbey or St. Paul's Cathedral. I hear it's stamped and has a different texture.
3. Have afternoon tea drinking tea with my pinky up.
4. Get Starbucks. (What can I say? I'm a fan.)
5. Go to the London theater.
6. Call from or take a picture of a red phone booth.
7. Ride or take a picture of a red double-decker bus.
8. Buy something at Harrod's.
9. Walk along Stanage Edge like Kiera Knightly in "Pride and Prejudice."
10. Pose with a pint/ try a 'shandy'.
11. Try a wee dram of Scotch whiskey.
12. See the Colin Firth version of Pemberley from "Pride and Prejudice."
13. Look over the Cliffs of Moher.
14. Experience God in other cultures.
15. Set foot in the places of my ancestors.
16. Discover the mystery at Madame Tussaud's. What will happen to me at the end? (This challenge courtesy of my Dad.)
17. Spot Nessie. You never know what lurks in the Loch Ness!
Put on your hiking boots, don that rain coat, keep those eyes peeled, and cheers to squeezing the most out of life. Let the journey begin!
To help me squeeze the most out of life, I've created a life's scavenger hunt list which this UK/ Ireland trip is part of. Much like the concept of the bucket list or 1,000 things to see before you die, the scavenger hunt list is filled with experiences I wish to accomplish in my lifetime to help me make the most out of it, often accompanied with a bit of whimsy.
Trips are no different. When I travel, I create a scavenger hunt list of experiences customized for each trip to help me be brave and explore the area I'm in. My scavenger hunt list for my UK/ Ireland trip is as follows in no particular order:
1. Find out what's so special about the "special toilets" in the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. They say it's like you're in a field of Dutch tulips. Is it a steaming video or wallpaper that give this illusion? Is it an illusion? It's Amsterdam... I'm a bit curious. (They advertise them on their website although I can't find the blurb right now...hmmm.)
2. Grab a square of toilet paper form Westminster Abbey or St. Paul's Cathedral. I hear it's stamped and has a different texture.
3. Have afternoon tea drinking tea with my pinky up.
4. Get Starbucks. (What can I say? I'm a fan.)
5. Go to the London theater.
6. Call from or take a picture of a red phone booth.
7. Ride or take a picture of a red double-decker bus.
8. Buy something at Harrod's.
9. Walk along Stanage Edge like Kiera Knightly in "Pride and Prejudice."
10. Pose with a pint/ try a 'shandy'.
11. Try a wee dram of Scotch whiskey.
12. See the Colin Firth version of Pemberley from "Pride and Prejudice."
13. Look over the Cliffs of Moher.
14. Experience God in other cultures.
15. Set foot in the places of my ancestors.
16. Discover the mystery at Madame Tussaud's. What will happen to me at the end? (This challenge courtesy of my Dad.)
17. Spot Nessie. You never know what lurks in the Loch Ness!
Put on your hiking boots, don that rain coat, keep those eyes peeled, and cheers to squeezing the most out of life. Let the journey begin!
2 comments:
I love the idea of a trip scavenger hunt! How clever! Have a wonderful time Kristi =)
For #12, I'd suggest attending one of the Easter services at St. Paul's Cathedral if you r still in London. We did that llast year & it was awe inspiring!
Post a Comment